Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Autumn in August?


I love autumn. It's probably my favorite time of year. Besides spring. And early summer. And those cold winter nights when the rain is pounding on the roof and I snuggle just a little deeper under my fake down comforter. But, I do love autumn. I love the chilly nights and warm days when you look at the sun and say, "See, you're not as tough as you were a month ago!" And, I love to burn an apple/cinnamon smelly candle. It just sets the mood. But, a couple years ago, my allergies started getting really really bad in the autumn and early winter. Don't know what I'm allergic to. Mold I think. But, I can't burn candles at that time of year anymore. The scent just gives me a coughing fit. Actually, any scents send me over the edge. So, I decided I'm going to burn my smelly apple/cinnamon candle now, in August. And pretend it's autumn. My allergies are at bay and I can enjoy my candles, even though the air conditioner humming in the background reminds me it's not really fall yet. Oh well....

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Kristen, I'm sorry you have to deal with the whole scent/coughing/breathing thing I deal with all year. I truly feel your pain! I'm so glad you get you enjoy your candles at least part of the year.

I am bored stiff and still flat on my back with my ankle in the air. We should chat when your kiddos are down for a nap.