Saturday, June 26, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Wow, I haven't posted in 2 weeks. There is a reason. I've been busy. Last weekend was crazy. It was the big Heinrichs Family Reunion - non stop fun for 2 1/2 days. Started Friday night with dinner at my cousin Myron's house. We had a good time and I think the kids jumped on the trampoline for 3 hours straight. Then, there was a little baseball game going and Bubba actually got some good hits. He's used to hitting off a "tee", but he was pitched to and managed to give it a good wack. Saturday was all day at my cousin Sheri's house. The weather was perfect and the kids swam and played and ate junk food and I visited with my cousins and Mark watched the kids. He was a real trooper, since he didn't know hardly anyone there. That was a very long, but very good day. Sunday we had a church service, then that afternoon was a little down time so we came home and took naps and then spent the evening at my cousin Arlene's house with more swimming and yummy food from a taco truck. It was such a great weekend. I was dreading it a little, because I am just not a social person. I don't feel comfortable in large groups of people who I know, but not really well. I prefer smaller, more intimate gatherings. But, I really enjoyed myself. I have a great family. Of course, we spent all week recovering. Poor Bubba took the longest, and it didn't help that he had Vacation Bible School every morning this week at my mom's church. Wednesday night we were on our way home from dinner at my parents' house and he threw up all over the car. I knew he wasn't sick, his little body was just in rebellion from playing so hard (he just goes full bore with everything he does) and all the junk food he ate (Saturday I never saw him with less than 2 lollipops in his mouth at once) and no naps and late nights. But, we're all doing fine now. And in my next post, I'll tell you what we did this weekend and why I am completely exhausted once again!

No comments: