Monday, August 9, 2010

Dark mornings!

I try to walk at 5:30 in the morning. No, it's a little more than from the bed to the bathroom. I try to actually get out and exercise. It's hard, but I do work at it. It's easy in the summer because it tends to be reasonably light out at 5:30, but last week... I noticed a change. I hadn't walked in a couple of days and then, I woke up at 5:30 and looked outside and noticed something. It was dark. Not pitch dark like in the middle of winter, but a lot darker than it had been. It's always quite a realization when that happens. I know that things are changing. The seasons are moving on. Summer's not stagnating like sometimes it seems. When I was younger I used to love the change of seasons. I love change. But now, I don't love the change of seasons. It's not that I love summer so much, but I know that when the seasons change time is marching on. The kids are getting older and I get this panicked feeling like, "I'm not spending enough time with them!" even though I'm basically with them 24/7. I want to hold on to the moment, but it just slips through my fingers like water. So... what do you do? Get up later, I guess. When it's not quite so dark.

No comments: