Monday, November 8, 2010

A Month of Thankfulness

Thankful Thing - November 8. My In-Laws. What do you think of when you hear the term "in-laws"? Probably someone saying it with a sigh and rolled eyes. Or maybe the stereotypes you see on tv. Well, God has blessed me with wonderful in-laws and I use that term fondly with no rolled eyes. My husband's parents are two of the dearest people around. I'll never forget my first dinner at their house. Hubby and I hadn't been dating long and we went over there for dinner. It was going well, I was a little nervous, but it wan't that bad. Somehow the topic turned to grapefruit and I mentioned that I didn't really care for grapefruit. Then we went on to different things. So, the meal is over, it's time for dessert and Hubby's mom brings out this delicious lemon meringue pie. I mention how yummy it was and she kind of got a funny look on her face and then admitted it was actually grapefruit meringue pie. I about died. After she said that, I could detect essence of grapefruit, but I never would have guessed it if she hadn't have said anything. We all had a good laugh over that. And over the years Hubby and I have been married, his parents have been the kindest and most wonderful parents-in-law a girl could hope for. Hubby's siblings and their spouses are also wonderful. I'd always wanted a sister and I finally have four of them - and we all have the same name.... almost. Well, derivatives of the same name. Except for one sister-in-law. But there are 4 Chris/Kris names in the family. Anyhow, I do have wonderful in-laws and today I am very thankful for each one of Hubby's family.

No comments: