Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lots of Things....

I noticed it's been a couple days since I've blogged. I hate when that happens. I like writing every day. But...things just happen. Like..... hmmm! What has happened. Thursday...... Thursday..... Thursday. I can't remember. It has just disappeared from my memory. That's what all these children do to me. They cause Child Induced Amnesia (CIA for short).  Yesterday we did school and I baked a ton of zwiebachs and hot cross buns for Easter Sunday breakfast (You know, last year I made a new recipe for hot cross buns and they turned out absolutely horrible! But this year, I used.... guess!  Yes, you know me so well! My zwiebach recipe, but I put more sugar in and an egg and raisins and some cinnamon and then just made buns out of them, brushed an egg wash over them and sprinkled a little sugar and I'm telling you, they are delish! I just cannot emphasize enough the importance of having a good, basic, do anything bread recipe! It's the "little black dress" of baking!) and then I took Duh-duh and Missie Lou in to the allergist.  Hubby had an appointment there, too, so the doctor just saw all of us.  When we were checking out after our appointment I asked the receptionist if they gave family discounts. Actually, I was kidding, because I knew they didn't, but she gave me this look like she really didn't know how to answer me.  It was pretty funny!  So, that brings us to today. Planted my herb garden (basil, oregano, tarragon, and mint), grocery shopped, planted some more digitalis (aka foxgloves) in my border. You know, I was reading once in a magazine about people having themed flower gardens and this one lady had one that I've never forgotten. She was an avid reader of mysteries and whenever she came across a plant-based murder weapon, she'd find that plant and put it in her garden. I thought that was so cool. The only poisonous thing I have in my yard is foxgloves.  So, anyhow. That's my day. I'm tired. I think I'll go wash my face and get ready for bed. And then snuggle down with my iPad and read more about how Peter the Great strong-armed his country into the modern age.

No comments: