Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What are you going to do when it gets REALLY hot?

Remember the scene in the Wizard of Oz in the poppy field? And poor Dorothy just can't hardly move. She's saying, "I can't run anymore. I'm so sleepy." And her friends say, "Give us your hands and we'll pull you along," and she says, "No, please. I have to rest for just a minute," and then she just falls right there in the poppy field fast asleep and the Wicked Witch of the West is watching through her crystal ball, cackling away.  I'm having one of those days. I'm sure you have them, too. The first really warm day of the spring. Of course, if we had a day like today in July we'd pull out the sweatshirts, but it's 81 degrees right now and very pleasant outside and I can just barely function.  There's so many things I could/should be doing right now. I just don't feel like doing any of it. I did go outside for a bit and pull weeds. Until I came across too many gross things like snails and bits of dead worms. And then that stinkin' winter grass that is so hard to pull out and then when it does come out it takes all the dirt with it.  And then I kept seeing all the holes that our former dog dug in my flower beds and started getting mad, so I gave up on that.   But Baby was having a good time. She was picking my irises and chasing the cat around the yard. You know, most of the cats I know are pretty tolerant of babies. They just run away.  And Baby's running after Socks screaming,"Tee, tee!"  She loves kitties.  So, anyhow, I'm sitting here, with a cup of coffee at the computer, trying to muster up enough strength to pick up the markers and the flashcards and the new curriculum and the trash and everything else that's on the floor. And I keep saying to myself, "No, please! I have to rest for just a minute!"

No comments: