Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whirlwind week!

It's been a crazy busy week around here.  Sunday we had a wonderful Mother's Day at my aunt's house and the Monday we jumped right into school again. We have three more weeks (after this one) and then it's summer vacation. We only take 6 weeks off for summer. Gives us more flexibility during the school year if we need/want to take some time off. Monday afternoon I had to take Missie Lou for a follow-up appointment at the audiologist. Well, it was interesting. Her hearing is normal, but her eardrums are all messed up.  So, I'm not sure what's the cause of that, but hopefully her ENT will figure that one out. We got home from that appointment mid-afternoon and there was a message on the machine that the boys had a make-up baseball game and could they be at the park at 4:30. OK, fine. We can do that.  Had a good time at the game. The daughter of a girlfriend was on the opposing team so we sat and chatted for most of the game.  The boys' team was actually behind the whole game. At one point they were down 7 points. In Little League, it's kind of hard to come back from that. Well, actually, whatever level you're playing that's a pretty big deficit.  So, we resigned ourselves to a loss. Then, it was the bottom of the last inning. We were, of course, losing. It was 2 outs. You know, that's when you start gathering up your stuff and think of some consoling words for your kid. And then, they put in a new pitcher. He was a little guy. And he started walking batters. And we started catching up. I felt bad for this kid. At this age, those kids are so inconsistent with their athletic skills. The ace pitcher today could walk everyone tomorrow. Although I'm not sure this was their ace pitcher, anyhow.  And then, Joseph came up to bat. The bases were loaded. We were 2 points behind. There were 2 strikes and 2 outs.  And he got a hit.  And drove in the necessary 3 runs and that was the game, my friends. The crowd went wild. I couldn't believe it.  It was pretty exciting.  So, that was Monday night!  Tuesday afternoon Missie Lou had a dentist appointment and then yesterday afternoon Bubba had his physical with our new doctor.  We finally were able to find a new doctor and I am thrilled. She's got her own little practice. My other doctor was part of a big, medical conglomerate and every time I went I felt like a cog. Just a cog in a big wheel.  Didn't like that. I also didn't trust my doctor. But now, we are all going to this new doctor and I think it's going to be a good thing.  Which brings us to today.  It's been a pretty quiet day. Baby's on hour 3 of her nap. Poor thing. She hasn't had a decent nap in over a week.  Of course, we have two baseball games tonight - Missie Lou has mini-ball and the boys have a game, and Hubby has a meeting at church, but I've got it organized. No problem!  As I said, it's been a whirlwind week!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

What an exciting game!
What new doctor are you seeing?

Kristen said...

We are seeing Dr. Glass. She is wonderful.