Friday, June 8, 2012

Summertime...... and the livin' is easy!

We're officially on summer vacation.  The kids even had a countdown. We finished our science experiment (yes, I'm afraid I'm hard-nosed, even on the last day of school. We had a verse quiz, spelling test, did our reading assignment, finished our geography book, read about fire safety in our health book, did a math lesson and read about the function of feathers in science and did an experiment on why ducks feathers don't get wet) and then the kids did a count-down. "10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1- summer vacation! Hooray!".  Then we went and got tacos and took them to Grandma and Grandpa's for a little celebration.  And now.... I'm cleaning out the schoolroom. It will feel nice to get it cleaned up, put the table away and ..... replace it with my sewing machine. Yes, school may be out, but summer projects will commence. We're switching the kids' rooms around, so that means I get to paint and make new curtains and all that fun stuff. I say "fun stuff" only semi-sarcastically. Decorating is not my favorite thing in the world to do. I am not all that creative, for one thing. But, sure, I could probably copy a Pottery Barn Kids ad or something. (they sure have cute stuff)  But my kids are such slobs that it's like, what's the point?  So, I'll paint, put up a wallpaper border, new curtains and bedspreads, but that's about it.  And I'm going to paint the hallway. It's supposed to be white. But, it's a dingy brown right now. I scrub and scrub, but cannot get the dirty hand-prints off.  And then of course I'll have to do the baseboards and the door frames. It'll make the rest of the house look awful, but I'm going to quit there. We have super high ceilings in the main living area that would need a paint sprayer and I am not about to tackle that. Two bedrooms and the hallway will have to suffice for now. So, that's what I'm up to these days. Now, I gotta go get that school room shaped up!

No comments: