Friday, July 13, 2012

It's Friday....

Picked up Bubba today from camp. Well, I didn't pick him up from camp. I picked him up from church. But I had no idea when they were supposed to get there. I called the church this morning about 9:00am and asked them when the kids were getting back from camp. The secretary hadn't a clue. I was a little irritated. So, I'm trying to figure out what to do and I called my mom. It's always a good idea to call your mom when you don't know what to do.  She said, well, just go down to the church around 11:00am and wait. That's about the time they usually arrive. She said I could drop the other kids off at her house while I waited so they wouldn't drive me crazy. Well, I thought that was an ok idea. It would have to do, since I didn't have any other ideas. So, after swimming lessons I drove to my mom's and dropped the kids off. While I was there Mom said, "Why don't you call S (my cousin, her son was up there, too) and ask when she's going to pick up T."  That sounded like a great idea. I called my cousin.   She wasn't home, though. Her daughter answered the phone and said, "Oh, she's gone to pick up T from camp!" Great, I'm just in time. My parents live about 10 minutes from the church so that should be perfect. But as I'm driving, it occurs to me that she probably wasn't driving to the church to pick up her son, she was probably actually driving to camp to pick up a load of kids and bring them home. Well, I went to the church anyhow. I had a book and a water bottle. I waited for an hour. It was really hot in the car.  Occasionally I turned on the car and ran the air conditioner. My cousin S showed up with her car-load of boys, but that wasn't the car Bubba was in. I talked to her for a bit, but she had to get going. So, I got back in my hot car and waited. Finally, the car that had Bubba in it came.  The man who was driving said, "I would have called you, but Bubba didn't know your phone number!" Ugh!  I guess I know what we'll be working on from now on.  But, Bubba had a good time. He didn't take a shower or brush his teeth once. And he learned how to make all sorts of new noises.  And the scientific way to shoot a rubber band. So, I guess his first experience at camp was a success.

No comments: